Friday, April 16, 2010

Prmoris Fugio

Obama's latest military opinion delivered during his summation speech at his nuclear arms control meeting, where he said in so many words that the U.S. military is a burden comes as no surprise. There is no doubt in my mind that he would like to down size the military because he thinks that the military strength of the U.S. is a threat to world peace. This wrong headed thinking is typical of left wingers, especially those who have never served in the military. In Obama's world, which is somewhere between "Alice in Wonderland" and Disney World," everyone would get along just fine if the U.S. would put away all of its guns and play nice. Besides, he would like to spend all that money wasted on guns to provide more welfare for democrats.

Does he not understand the concept of "Peace through Strength?" I call Obama and people who think like him, "Woodstock Warriors." Instead of the Marines motto of Semper Fidelis or Always Faithful, or the Army motto, "This we will defend." Or the Navy motto, "Paratus Et Potens," or Ready and Able, or the Air Force motto, "Un ab Alto," One over all, or the Coast Guard motto, "Semper Paratus," Always Ready, the Woodstock Warriors motto ought to be, "Primoris Fugio," or Run Away First. Do I think Obama is a coward? No, but I do think he is delusional. His experience in the real world has been so limited that he just can't conceive of anyone who doesn't love and adore him and his pacifist leanings. It frightens me to the core to think we have a commander in chief, who is afraid to command.

But perhaps the most frightening thing about Obama is that he represents a huge percentage of American citizens who have the most distorted view of what I call "physical reality." Oh, they understand politics, and economics and social issues, but what they lack is experience in what it takes to keep us fed and clothed and warm in the winter. I am talking about people who live in cities and have always lived in cities. They live in a pampered environment that shields them from the harsh realities of what it takes to obtain food, clothing and shelter. I dare say that the vast majority of city folks have no idea where their steaks come from, or their pasta or their leather shoes for that matter. I live in the country - in one of those flyover states I guess. I have butchered chickens, turkeys, and deer, not for sport, but for food. I frequently get my hands dirty growing food. It doesn't seem cruel to me to kill and animal for food any more than it seems cruel to kill and animal so I can wear leather shoes or boots. And yes I have guns, several guns. I have no qualms about killing a rattle snake that threatens me or my family or a bobcat that wants to kill livestock. I guess the difference between those of us who live close to blood and guts is that we know a filet minon doesn't miraculously appear in an upscale restaurant in Chicago. It came from a slaughtered heifer or steer. And I am not ashamed of that and I make no apologies for it. If people want to live in a city as far as they can get from the blood and guts, more power to them, but don't criticize me for facing reality and being willing to live with it. I'm not a Woodstock Warrior. And I have no qualms about telling the rest of the world that I will not hesitate defend my country, and my culture with my guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment